ArcelorMittal at Eurosteel 2017
From 13 to 15 September, ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products and ArcelorMittal Europe – Long Products participated together in the 8th Eurosteel conference in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Organised by the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) and the Danish Steel Institute (DSI), the Eurosteel conference is one of the most important events dedicated to structural steel for construction targeting European steel researchers, PhD-students, engineers and designers, attracting international delegates from all over the world.
This event was the occasion for ArcelorMittal to meet academics and structural engineers from over 40 different countries and present our work and research papers to these experts. More than 600 participants joined the conference this year and we received many visits of people interested in our projects and in our products (such as Magnelis®, high strength steel purlins and the Orange book).
The Eurosteel conference was also a great opportunity to:
- Promote the extended version of our Orange book, an essential aid for engineers in the design of steel buildings and structures
- Put in the spotlight ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products’ new grades of high strength steels
- Collect information on current researches going on in steel and fire engineering
- Identify possibilities and needs for future researches
- Improve our reputation on our technical products and related aspects (e.g. fire engineering)
- Provide technical information and promote our products and projects (e.g. Slim-Floor Beams, mega columns, HISTAR®)
- Provide technical brochures
ArcelorMittal Europe – Long Products team members also participated in different presentations centered around composite steel and concrete structural solutions:
- Numerical simulation of the load bearing behaviour of concrete dowels in slim-floor construction CoSFB
- Experimental investigations on semi‐continuous encased composite joints
- Simplified Analytical Determination of the Temperature Distribution and the Load Bearing Resistance of Slim-Floor Beams
- Analytical methods for the prediction of fire resistance of ”reinforced” slim floor beams
- The Right Choice of Steel - Towards an optimized choice of the steel grade for toughness assessment
- Performance and capacity of composite ”mega columns” with encased hot rolled steel sections
- Development of an innovative type of shear connection dedicated to the composite columns application
The Eurosteel conference offers an important platform to present and discuss a wide range of topics related to a great variety of research, design and construction activities. It is one of the most important conferences in the world for structural steel community, and definitely an event to attend.