SCT 2017: innovations by ArcelorMittal in the spotlight
The latest edition of the Steels in Cars and Trucks (SCT2017) conference closed on 22 June 2017 after welcoming more than 500 participants from over 20 countries. ArcelorMittal experts contributed to numerous technical presentations and discussions, reflecting our position as an innovation leader in the steel for automotive business.
SCT2017 had two themes: ‘Bringing the automotive, supplier, and steel industries together’ and ‘Future trends in steel development, processing technologies, and applications’. ArcelorMittal experts showed the full wealth and versatility of our steel offer for the automotive sector through five top-level lectures on the following topics.
- ‘Modern hot and cold forged steel for advanced requirements in automotive applications’ was presented by Victor Bordereau and Bruno Cofino from ArcelorMittal Europe - Long Products.
- 'Jet vapor deposition: coating steels of the future' saw Cécile Pesci and Daniel Chaleix from ArcelorMittal Global Research and Development present alongside Eric Silberberg, from the CRM Group and Bruno Chatelain representing ARCEO.
- Yacine Benlatreche, Michel Duchet, Thomas Dupuy, and Dominique Cornette from ArcelorMittal Global Research and Development presented a paper on the 'Effect of liquid metal embrittlement cracks on the mechanical performances of spot welds'.
- 'PHS spot weld strength for crash applications' was presented by Thomas Dupuy, Ludovic Dormegny, and Pascal Dietsch from ArcelorMittal Global Research and Development.
- 'Zinc magnesium coatings: a complementary offer sustaining weight-lightening' was presented by Cécile Pesci, Luc Diez, Audrey Lhermeroult, Laurence Dosdat, and Tiago Machado Amorim from ArcelorMittal Global Research and Development.
ArcelorMittal experts also contributed to round tables on various topics including: setting steel properties by heat treatment; avoidance of edge cracks; and the fatigue-corrosion performance of joined materials for automotive applications.