ArcelorMittal at BAU 2023
Taking place this year between 17 and 22 April 2023 in Munich (Germany), BAU is a major event for the construction and building industry.
It was a great opportunity for ArcelorMittal to showcase its latest high-performance steel products dedicated to construction. Additionally, as the company focuses on sustainability and the reduction of its carbon footprint, it also showcased its XCarb® range of sustainable steels, designed to reduce carbon emissions in the construction industry.
At the world's leading trade fair for the construction sector, ArcelorMittal's business units presented some of their flagship products:
- Within the Granite® product family, ArcelorMittal offers a range of organic coated steels for building envelopes with more than 120 colours and textures, guaranteed for up to 40 years.
- For façade substructures, solar mounting structures, but also cable trays, composite floors, and many more applications, Magnelis® metallic coated steel resists corrosion three times better than regular galvanised steel.
- ArcelorMittal also offers special roof panels for photovoltaic systems: Ondatherm Solar® .
ArcelorMittal also presented its solutions for load-bearing structures at BAU.
- The Cofraplus® 80 composite floor profiles are approved by the building authorities as prefabricated steel floors and have a significantly lower carbon footprint compared to prefabricated concrete slabs.
- For structural applications, the high-strength HISTAR® steels provide cost and material savings.
- The weather-resistant Arcorox® steel grade with natural corrosion protection has a long service life and is already being used successfully in bridge construction projects.